Summer 2021 has begun, and with it comes the heat! As always, the start of the summer season means using air-conditioners to cope with the rise in temperatures which occurs in most homes in Egypt every year.
In Egypt, having an air conditioner (or air conditioners, as the case may be!) in your home is considered a necessity rather than a luxury, much like eating and drinking. Many people cannot tolerate the heat if your financial circumstances make it difficult to invest in one, not to worry! Apply for a credit card using Faydety’s Credit Card Finder and choose the instalment plan that suits your needs.
To give you an extra hand, we’ve gathered prices of air conditioners of the most famous companies in Egypt so that you may choose the one that fits your budget with ease.
Prices of Fresh Air Conditioners:
- Fresh Air-Conditioner, New Professional Plasma, 1.5 HP - 7,000 EGP
- Fresh Air-Conditioner, New Professional Plasma, 2.25 HP, Cool Only - 9,150 EGP
- Fresh Air-Conditioner Smart Inverter, 3 HP - 13,000 EGP
Prices of Sharp Air Conditioners:
- Sharp Air-Conditioner, New Professional Plasma, 1.5 HP - 7,000 EGP
- Sharp Air-Conditioner Smart Inverter, 1.5 HP - 10,000 EGP
- Sharp Air Conditioner Smart Inverter, 3 HP - 13,000 EGP
Prices of Tornado Air Conditioners:
- Tornado Air-Conditioner, Split Standard, 1.5 HP - 5,650 EGP
- Tornado Air-Conditioner Split Cool, , 2.25 HP - 7,750 EGP
- Tornado Air-Conditioner Smart Cool Only, 3 HP - 9,855 EGP
Having an air conditioner (or air conditioners, as the case may be!) in your home is considered a necessity rather than a luxury
Prices of Unionaire Air Conditioners:
- Unionaire Air-Conditioner Maxfy, 1.5 HP - 5,700 EGP
- Unionaire Air-Conditioner Maxfy, 2.25 HP - 7,500 EGP
- Unionaire Air-Conditioner, Artify Cool/Heat, 5 HP - 17,000 EGP
Prices of Carrier Air-Conditioners:
- Carrier Air-Conditioner Optimax 6, 1.5 HP - 6,400 EGP
- Carrier Air-Conditioner Optimax, Cool/Heat, 2.25 HP - 9,500 EGP
- Carrier Air-Conditioner, Split Optimax, 5 HP - 18,500 EGP
But before you buy an air-conditioner, it’s helpful to first find out which segment bracket on the basis of which you pay your electricity bill each month.
Electricity Prices for the Household Sector are calculated as follows:
- 1st Bracket - from 0 to 50 kilowatts at a price of 38 Piasters per kilowatt
- 2nd Bracket - from 51 to 100 kilowatts at 48 Piasters
- 3rd Bracket - From 101 to 200 kilowatts, at 65 Piasters
- 4th Bracket - from 201 to 350 kilowatts at 96 Piasters
- 5th Bracket - from 351 to 650 kilowatts, at 118 Piasters
- 6th Bracket - from 651 to 1000 kilowatts, at 140 Piasters
- 7th Bracket - which exceeds 1000 kilowatts, is priced at 145 Piasters
Tips to save on electricity when using your air-conditioner:
- Make sure that the air conditioner’s air filter is clean
- Close the doors and windows when using the air-conditioner
- Set the air conditioner to 24 degrees Celsius – this reduces electricity consumption
- Do not use multiple devices in one electrical socket when using your air-conditioner
Want to learn more about electricity saving methods? Check out How Can You Save On Your Electricity Bill?